Parnell Child Neuropsychology
Parnell Child Neuropsychology is a telehealth practice serving Rhode Island children ages 6 to 16. PCN provides comprehensive evaluations to answer questions about why a child is struggling academically, socially, and/or emotionally and to provide recommendations for improving functioning at home, at school, and in the community.
Dr. Kathleen Parnell has been conducting neuropsychological evaluations for over 25 years. Her assessments are enriched by her extensive prior background as a teacher in both regular and special education settings. Specializations include ADHD and learning disabilities, with extensive testing for dyslexia and other reading difficulties available.
Evaluations are guided by current research in neuroscience, assessment, and treatment, and are conducted with compassion and care for the child and the family. Dr. Parnell conducts all testing herself, allowing for detailed personal observations.
In her evaluation findings, Dr. Parnell places the emphasis on a child’s strengths, while striving to find the best ways to address his or her weaknesses. She targets accommodations to help a child function well at the current time while suggesting the best options to maximize future growth.
- Neuropsychological Evaluations
- ADHD Evaluations
- Learning Disability Evaluations (reading, written expression, mathematics, and nonverbal learning disorders)
- Intelligence Testing
- Gifted/Talented Evaluations
- Assessment of Impact of Medical Conditions
- Parent Consultations (second opinions; reviewing previous testing, classroom reports, and recommendations; discussion of complementary and alternative treatment options)